Thursday, February 24, 2011

Update 2

This past week or so, several people have asked me how I have been doing, so I thought I would post another update. I have been feeling a little better in the past 6 weeks, primarily because of the break in chemotherapy. Although I am often nauseous, my weight loss has slowed down and most days I am able to eat at least one small meal. Despite still being low, my white blood cell count has increased slightly. My biggest battle is still the constant and relentless fatigue. On average, I sleep 12 to 14 hours a day. My muscles feel incredibly weak. Tasks I used to do easily now I find to be quite challenging. Usually, I am awake a night just because the pain and nausea does not seem as bad then. Unfortunatly, I do start another round of chemotherapy next week. On the bright-side, this round will not be as strong as the last round, so it shouldn't make me feel as sick. Hopefully that means I will be able to continue posting here about 2 or 3 times per week, but I cannot make any guarantees. At least, I won't completely disappear for 2 months like I did last time.

Thank you to everyone who has sent kind e-mails or left reassuring comments. It is deeply deeply appreciated. This probably sounds extremely stupid and corny, but this blog and the people whom I interact with on it mean a great deal to me. The discussions we have either on my blog or on other blogs have made me feel better during this terribly difficult and painful time in my life. It has given me some of the strength and courage I need to battle this awful disease.

3 comments:

  1. Blogger friends can be quite special, can't they? And you are special to me and greatly appreciated for your contributions to my blog. I am sending you my warmest regards and best wishes during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the update Sammy.

    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sammy- You may be only 1/3 my age, but your are experienced far beyond your years. I want to commend you for your spiritual strength. I think you are a special young lady. All the best to you!

    ReplyDelete